Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reality Bites

So these past few days during the fast have been encouraging. Being one who constantly listens to music, (maybe too much), I find that sometimes I often use music to sort of compliment the mood I'm in–like a soundtrack to a movie–but I find that that isn't always wise or healthy for me to do. ha! The weeks where I've had a bad case of the Mondays I would easily just listen to something aggressive or loud to kinda "forget my problems" But reality sooner or later comes around and reminds me that my situations are inescapable and that it'd be best if I confront them and not try to brush them away.

Anywho, today two very anticipated worship albums are released. One album by the Australian band, Hillsong United called Aftermath.

I've heard one song that was absolutely rad––as in 80's rad. This is their second studio album. They have about 5 other records but they've all been recorded at live concerts. So I'm excited to hear this one.

Another album is by a church in Redding, CA called Bethel Live. Their new album is called Be Lifted High.
If you've heard of the band Jesus Culture, then you'll want to check these guys out. Lead singer Brian Johnson and his wife Jenn Johnson have uh-maaaazing voices! Take a listen to the album We Believe and you'll hear what I'm talking about. It's definitely one of my top ten contemporary worship albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment